In this Article
- What other names is Butanediol (bd) known by?
- What is Butanediol (bd)?
- How does Butanediol (bd) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Butanediol (bd).
While butanediol isn't safe for anyone, some people are at even greater risk for serious side effects. Be especially careful not to take butanediol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have high blood pressure.
- Your heart beats irregularly.
- You have epilepsy.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Butanediol might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.