- What other names is Butterbur known by?
- What is Butterbur?
- How does Butterbur work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Butterbur.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing migraine headaches.
- Hayfever caused by grass pollen.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Pain, colic, cough, asthma, irritable bladder, urinary tract spasms, wounds, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Butterbur work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.