"What are beta blockers and how do they work?
Beta blockers, also known as beta-adrenergic blocking agents, are a class of drugs that works by blocking the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and epinephrine from binding to receptors. "...
Bystolic Tablets Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Bystolic
Generic Name: nebivolol (Pronunciation: ne BIV oh lol)
- What is nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What are the possible side effects of nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- How should I take nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What happens if I overdose (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What should I avoid while taking nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- What other drugs will affect nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
Nebivolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Nebivolol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Nebivolol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Bystolic 10 mg
triangular, purple, imprinted with FL, 10
Bystolic 5 mg
triangular, beige, imprinted with FL, 5
What are the possible side effects of nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- slow or uneven heartbeats; or
- numbness or cold feeling in your hands and feet.
Less serious side effects may include:
- tired feeling;
- nausea, stomach pain;
- diarrhea; or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Bystolic Tablets (nebivolol tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about nebivolol (Bystolic Tablets)?
Do not skip doses or stop taking nebivolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse or cause other serious heart problems such as severe chest pain or heart attack. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using nebivolol.
Nebivolol may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Nebivolol is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Bystolic Tablets Information
Bystolic Tablets - User Reviews
Bystolic Tablets User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.