"Eggs and summer go together: deviled eggs, homemade ice cream, and potato salad. But, just a few hours outside of the refrigerator and your eggs can create lasting memories that you'd rather forget. This summer, make sure that eggs carrying Sa"...
Cancidas Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cancidas
Generic Name: caspofungin (Pronunciation: KAS poe FUN jin)
- What is caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- What are the possible side effects of caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- What is the most important information I should know about caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- How is caspofungin given (Cancidas)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cancidas)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cancidas)?
- What should I avoid while receiving caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- What other drugs will affect caspofungin (Cancidas)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is caspofungin (Cancidas)?
Caspofungin is an antibiotic that fights infections caused by fungus.
Caspofungin is used to treat fungal infections that involve the stomach, lungs, esophagus, or other internal body areas.
Caspofungin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of caspofungin (Cancidas)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Tell your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- pain, swelling, or vein irritation around the IV needle;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- weakness, muscle cramps, pounding or uneven heart beats; or
- nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects include:
- vomiting, diarrhea;
- mild skin rash or itching;
- dizziness, feeling light-headed; or
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cancidas (caspofungin acetate for injection) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about caspofungin (Cancidas)?
You should not use caspofungin if you are allergic to it.
Before receiving caspofungin, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, or if you have recently had a kidney, heart, or liver transplant.
Use caspofungin for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely treated.
You may be given other medications to treat your infection. Use all medications as directed by your doctor. Read the medication guide or patient instructions provided with each medication. Do not change your doses or medication schedule without your doctor's advice.
Additional Cancidas Information
- Cancidas Drug Interactions Center: caspofungin iv
- Cancidas Side Effects Center
- Cancidas Overview including Precautions
- Cancidas FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Cancidas - User Reviews
Cancidas User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.