Table of Contents
- Canker sores facts
- What are canker sores? What do canker sores look like?
- What are symptoms and signs of canker sores?
- Are canker sores the same thing as fever blisters?
- What are the causes of canker sores?
- What is the treatment for canker sores?
- What kind of topical medications (gels or ointments) are available for canker sores?
- Can mouthwash solutions be used to treat canker sores?
- What oral medications are available to help canker sores?
- What should I do if I get canker sores frequently?
Are canker sores the same thing as fever blisters?
Canker sores occur inside the mouth and are not contagious. Fever blisters are infections caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), they mostly occur on the lips and outside of the mouth, and they are very contagious. Continue Reading
4/9Reviewed on 9/14/2015
Oral Health Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication