- What other names is Canthaxanthin known by?
- What is Canthaxanthin?
- How does Canthaxanthin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Canthaxanthin.
Possibly Effective for...
- Sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity) associated with erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP), a genetic disorder.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Medication-induced sun sensitivity, itching caused by the sun, artificial sun tanning, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.