"Both Pakistan and Afghanistan saw an overall decrease in wild poliovirus (WPV) cases from January â€“ September 2013 compared with the same time period in 2012 according to data published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) r"...
Capastat Sulfate Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Capastat Sulfate
Generic Name: capreomycin (Pronunciation: KAP ree oh MYE sin)
- What is capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What are the possible side effects of capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What is the most important information I should know about capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- How is capreomycin given (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What happens if I overdose (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What should I avoid while using capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- What other drugs will affect capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
Capreomycin is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body.
Capreomycin is used to treat Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Capreomycin is usually given after other tuberculosis medications have been tried without successful treatment of the infection.
Capreomycin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using capreomycin and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- changes in your hearing;
- spinning sensation, problems with balance;
- ringing or roaring sound in your ears; or
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild skin rash;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- pain, swelling, or a hard lump where the injection was given.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Capastat Sulfate (capreomycin for injection) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about capreomycin (Capastat Sulfate)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to capreomycin.
Before using capreomycin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have kidney disease or hearing impairment.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your kidney function will need to be tested on a regular basis. Your hearing may also need to be checked. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Capreomycin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Stop using this medicine if you have a serious side effect such as hearing loss, ringing in your ears, spinning sensation, problems with balance, extreme thirst, leg discomfort, muscle weakness, limp feeling, or urinating less than usual or not at all.
Additional Capastat Sulfate Information
- Capastat Sulfate Drug Interactions Center: capreomycin inj
- Capastat Sulfate Side Effects Center
- Capastat Sulfate Overview including Precautions
- Capastat Sulfate FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Capastat Sulfate - User Reviews
Capastat Sulfate User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.