"NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The anti-inflammatory drug adalimumab can provide significant relief for about a quarter of people who suffer from a moderate-to-severe case of the chronic skin condition hidradenitis suppurativa, according to two 36-w"...
(fluocinolone acetonide) Topical Shampoo, 0.01%
Capex Shampoo is for use on the skin only. Do not get Capex Shampoo in your eyes.
What is Capex Shampoo?
Capex Shampoo is a prescription medicine used on the scalp to treat a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. It is not known if Capex Shampoo is safe and effective in children and infants.
Who should not use Capex Shampoo?
Do not use Capex Shampoo if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients in Capex Shampoo.
Before using Capex Shampoo, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have a scalp infection. You may need medicine to treat the scalp infection before you use Capex Shampoo.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Capex shampoo can harm your unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Capex Shampoo passes into your breast milk and if it can harm your baby. Talk to your doctor about the best way to feed you baby if you use Capex Shampoo.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take other corticosteroid medicines by mouth or use other products on your skin that contain corticosteroids. Do not use other products containing a corticosteroid medicine with Capex Shampoo without talking to your doctor first.
How should I use Capex Shampoo?
- When you receive your Capex Shampoo, it will already be mixed in a bottle by your pharmacist.
- Use Capex Shampoo exactly as your doctor tells you to use it.
- Your doctor should tell you how much Capex Shampoo to use and where to apply it.
- Capex Shampoo is for use on your scalp only (topical).
- Shake the Capex Shampoo bottle well before using.
- Do not apply more than 1 ounce of Capex Shampoo to your scalp, 1 time each day.
- Work Capex Shampoo into a lather.
- Leave Capex Shampoo on your s calp for at leas t 5 minutes .
- Rinse your hair and scalp well with water.
- Avoid getting Capex Shampoo in your eyes. If you get Capex Shampoo in your eyes, rinse your eyes well with water.
- Do not bandage or cover your head after using Capex Shampoo unless your doctor tells you to.
- Tell your doctor if you develop irritation where you apply Capex Shampoo, or if your seborrheic dermatitis is not getting better with Capex Shampoo.
What are the possible side effects of Capex Shampoo?
Capex Shampoo can pass through your skin.
The side effects of corticosteroids medicines used on the skin (topical) include:
- dry, itchy, and reddened skin
- burning or stinging at application site
- inflamed hair follicle
- thinning of skin
- loss of skin color
These are not all the possible side effects of Capex Shampoo. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store Capex Shampoo?
- Store Capex Shampoo at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Keep the Capex Shampoo bottle tightly closed.
- Throw away (discard) your Capex Shampoo bottle after 2 months, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
Keep Capex Shampoo and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General information about the safe and effective use of Capex Shampoo.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information Leaflet. Do not use Capex Shampoo for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give Capex Shampoo to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them. You can also ask your doctor or pharmacist for information about Capex Shampoo that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Capex Shampoo?
Active ingredient: fluocinolone acetonide
Inactive ingredients : aluminum acetate dibasic, benzalkonium chloride solution, boric acid, citric acid anhydrous, cocamido-ether-sulfate complex, cocoamine oxide, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, lauramide DEA, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylparaben, oat flour, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, talc, fragrances, D&C Yellow 10, and FD&C Blue 1 as coloring.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/7/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Capex Shampoo Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.