"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Orbactiv (oritavancin), a new antibacterial drug to treat adults with skin infections.
Orbactiv is approved to treat patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSS"...
Capex Shampoo Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Capex, Flurosyn, Synalar, Synalar Ointment
Generic Name: fluocinolone topical (Pronunciation: floo oh SIN oh lone TOP i kal)
- What is fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- How should I use fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Capex Shampoo)?
- What happens if I overdose (Capex Shampoo)?
- What should I avoid while using fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- What other drugs will affect fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
Fluocinolone is a steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Fluocinolone topical (for the skin) is used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, seborrhea, and psoriasis.
Fluocinolone topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have severe irritation of any treated skin, or if you show signs of absorbing fluocinolone topical through your skin, such as:
- blurred vision, headache;
- thinning skin, easy bruising;
- mood changes;
- weight gain, puffiness in your face; or
- muscle weakness, feeling tired.
Common side effects may include:
- mild skin itching, burning, peeling, or dryness;
- thinning or softening of your skin;
- swollen hair follicles;
- blisters, pimples, or crusting of treated skin;
- changes in color of treated skin;
- skin rash or irritation around your mouth; or
- stretch marks.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Capex Shampoo (fluocinolone acetonide topical shampoo) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluocinolone topical (Capex Shampoo)?
Do not use this medicine in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Topical steroid medicine can be absorbed through the skin, which may cause steroid side effects throughout the body.
Do not cover treated skin areas with a bandage or other covering unless your doctor has told you to.
Plastic film covering (such as plastic wrap) is sometimes used when treating psoriasis. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Children can absorb larger amounts of this medication through the skin and may be more likely to have side effects. If you are treating the diaper area of a baby, do not use plastic pants or tight-fitting diapers.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, if they get worse, or if you develop signs of a skin infection.
Additional Capex Shampoo Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.