"Using a flash of light, scientists have inactivated and then reactivated a memory in genetically engineered rats. The study, supported by the National Institutes of Health, is the first cause-and-effect evidence that strengthened connections betw"...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Physicians should inform patients and caregivers about the following instructions for safe use of Carbaglu:
- Carbaglu tablets should not be swallowed whole or crushed. Each tablet should be dispersed in a minimum of 2.5 mL of water. Carbaglu tablets do not dissolve completely in water and undissolved particles of the tablet may remain in the mixing container. The mixing container should be rinsed with additional volumes of water and the contents swallowed immediately.
- Before opening, store in a refrigerator 2 to 8 °C (36 to 46 °F).
- Keep the container tightly closed in order to protect from moisture.
- After first opening of the container: do not refrigerate, do not store above 30 °C (86 °F).
- Write the date of opening on the tablet container. Discard one month after first opening.
- Do not use after the expiration date stated on the tablet container.
Physicians should also advise patients and caregivers that:
- When plasma ammonia levels have normalized, dietary protein intake can usually be increased with the goal of unrestricted protein intake.
- Human milk-feeding is not recommended.
- The most common adverse reactions are vomiting, abdominal pain, pyrexia, tonsilitis, anemia, ear infection, diarrhea, nasopharyngitis, and headache.
Last reviewed on RxList: 8/16/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Carbaglu Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.