Caring for Your Dentures (cont.)
In this Article
- Can I make adjustments or repairs to my dentures?
- Will my dentures need to be replaced?
- How should I care for my mouth and gums?
- How often should I see the dentist?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
How Often Should I See the Dentist?
Your dentist or prosthodontist will advise you about how often you need to visit, but every 6 months should be the norm. Regular dental visits are important so that your denture and mouth can be examined for proper denture fit, to look for signs of oral diseases including cancer, and to have your teeth professionally cleaned.
Reviewed by the doctors at The Cleveland Clinic Department of Dentistry.
Last Editorial Review: 6/18/2008
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.