"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes patches of skin redness and irritation. Psoriasis is"...
Carmol HC Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Carmol HC, Keratol HC
Generic Name: hydrocortisone and urea topical (Pronunciation: HYE droe KOR ti sone and yoo REE a TOP ik al)
- What is hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- What are the possible side effects of hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- How should I use hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Carmol HC)?
- What happens if I overdose (Carmol HC)?
- What should I avoid while using hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- What other drugs will affect hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
Hydrocortisone is a steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Urea is a skin softener. It is used to moisturize the skin.
Hydrocortisone and urea topical is used to treat inflammation of the skin caused by a number of conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, or psoriasis.
Hydrocortisone and urea topical may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- blurred vision, or seeing halos around lights;
- uneven heartbeats;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- weight gain, puffiness in your face; or
- feeling tired.
Less serious side effects may include:
- skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling;
- thinning of your skin;
- blistering skin; or
- stretch marks.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Carmol HC (hydrocortisone acetate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about hydrocortisone and urea topical (Carmol HC)?
Use this medication exactly as it has been prescribed by your doctor. Do not use the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
Do not cover treated skin areas with a bandage or other covering unless your doctor has told you to. If you are treating the diaper area of a baby, do not use plastic pants or tight-fitting diapers. Covering the skin that is treated with hydrocortisone and urea topical can increase the amount of the drug your skin absorbs, which may lead to unwanted side effects. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Avoid using this medication on your face, near your eyes, or on body areas where you have skin folds or thin skin.
Do not use this medication on a child without a doctor's advice. Children are more sensitive to the effects of hydrocortisone and urea topical.
Hydrocortisone and urea topical will not treat a bacterial, fungal, or viral skin infection.
Contact your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it gets worse after using this medication for several days.
Additional Carmol HC Information
- Carmol HC Drug Interactions Center: hydrocortisone-urea top
- Carmol HC Side Effects Center
- Carmol HC FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.