In this Article
- What other names is Cascara known by?
- What is Cascara?
- Is Cascara effective?
- How does Cascara work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cascara.
Do not use cascara in children.
Do not take cascara if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have stomach pain or intestinal disorder.
- You have Crohn's disease.
- You have ulcerative colitis.
- You have appendicitis.
- You have stomach ulcers.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.