- What other names is Cascara known by?
- What is Cascara?
- Is Cascara effective?
- How does Cascara work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cascara.
There isn't enough information to know if cascara is effective for the other conditions people use it for, including: gallstones, liver disease, and cancer.
Likely Effective for...
- Use as a laxative in people with constipation.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Gallstones, liver disease, and cancer.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Cascara work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.