- What other names is Castor Bean known by?
- What is Castor Bean?
- How does Castor Bean work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Castor Bean.
Possibly Effective for...
- Birth control.
- Stimulating full-term labor in pregnant women.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Syphilis; arthritis; skin disorders; boils; blisters; swelling (inflammation) of the middle ear; migraines; softening cysts, warts, bunions and corns; promoting the flow of breast milk; and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.