Brand Name: Castor Oil and Emulsoil
Generic Name: castor oil
Drug Class: Laxatives, Other
What Is Castor Oil and How Does It Work?
Castor oil can be used as an irritant/simulative laxative. Castor oil is a natural emollient and a few drops may also be used to remedy dry skin, as a massage oil, and may benefit hair as a treatment. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid that comprises about 90% of the oil.
Castor oil is available under the following different brand names: Fleet Castor Oil and Emulsoil.
Dosages of Castor Oil Should Be Given As Follows:
- Oral Solution, 100%
- 15-60 mL orally in one dose
- 15-60 mL orally once, 16 hours before the procedure
- under 2 years: 1-5 mL orally once
- 2-12 years: 5-15 mL orally once
- over 12 years: 15-60 mL orally once
Get the latest treatment options.