- What other names is Cat's Claw known by?
- What is Cat's Claw?
- How does Cat's Claw work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cat's Claw.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing pain from a kind of arthritis called osteoarthritis.
- Improving symptoms of a kind of arthritis called rheumatoid arthritis when used with regular rheumatoid arthritis medications.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Stomach or intestinal ulcers, inflammation of the digestive tract including colitis and diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, parasites, leaky bowel syndrome, shingles, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), chicken pox, mouth or genital herpes, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), wounds, arthritis, asthma, hayfever, cancer, glioblastoma, gonorrhea, birth control, bone pains, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options