"World Rabies Day is September 28. On this day, begin to take steps to keep yourself and your family free from rabies. Look for events in your area that provide an opportunity to celebrate World Rabies Day and get the facts on rabies prevention an"...
Cedax Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cedax
Generic Name: ceftibuten (Pronunciation: SEF ti bue ten)
- What is ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- What are the possible side effects of ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- How should I take ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cedax)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cedax)?
- What should I avoid while taking ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- What other drugs will affect ceftibuten (Cedax)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ceftibuten (Cedax)?
Ceftibuten is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
Ceftibuten is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria.
Ceftibuten may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Cedax 400 mg
white, imprinted with CEDAX, 400 mg
What are the possible side effects of ceftibuten (Cedax)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- unusual bleeding;
- blood in your urine;
- seizure (convulsions);
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, swollen glands, rash or itching, joint pain, or general ill feeling;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- increased thirst, loss of appetite, swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath, urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, upset stomach, belching, constipation, mild diarrhea;
- stiff or tight muscles;
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
- feeling agitated, irritable, restless, or hyperactive;
- dry mouth;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- stuffy nose, noisy breathing;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- mild itching or skin rash;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cedax (ceftibuten) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about ceftibuten (Cedax)?
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to ceftibuten, or to similar antibiotics, such as Ceftin, Cefzil, Keflex, Omnicef, and others.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillin). Also tell your doctor if you have kidney disease or a history of intestinal problems.
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Ceftibuten will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Additional Cedax Information
- Cedax Drug Interactions Center: ceftibuten oral
- Cedax Side Effects Center
- Cedax Overview including Precautions
- Cedax FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Cedax - User Reviews
Cedax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.