"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Zarxio (filgrastim-sndz), the first biosimilar product approved in the United States.
Biological products are generally derived from a living organism. They can come from many sources, in"...
Patients receiving CeeNU should be given the following information and instructions by the physician:
- Patients should be told that CeeNU is an anticancer drug and belongs to the group of medicines known as alkylating agents.
- In order to provide the proper dose of CeeNU, patients should be aware that there may be 2 or more different types and colors of capsules in the container dispensed by the pharmacist.
- Patients should be told that CeeNU is given as a single oral dose and will not be repeated for at least 6 weeks.
- Patients should be told that nausea and vomiting usually last less than 24 hours, although loss of appetite may last for several days.
- If any of the following reactions occur, notify the physician: fever, chills, sore throat, unusual bleeding or bruising, shortness of breath, dry cough, swelling of feet or lower legs, mental confusion, or yellowing of eyes and skin.
- Patients should be told to wear gloves when handling CeeNU Capsules.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/16/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional CeeNU Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.