"March 25, Â2013 -- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is offering a $100,000 grant to anyone who can develop what's being called the next generation of condom.
The aim is to help curb unwanted pregnancies and the spread of sexually"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
- Clinician Information:
Cefizox Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cefizox
Generic Name: ceftizoxime (Pronunciation: sef ti ZOX eem)
- What is ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- What are the possible side effects of ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- How should I use ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cefizox)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cefizox)?
- What should I avoid while using ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- What other drugs will affect ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
Ceftizoxime is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
Ceftizoxime injection is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, including severe or life-threatening forms.
Ceftizoxime may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- severe pain, burning, irritation, or skin changes where the needle was placed;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- uneven heartbeats;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- seizure (black-out or convulsions); or
- jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin).
Less serious side effects are more likely to occur, such as:
- pain, irritation, or hardening where the injection was given;
- stomach pain, nausea, vomiting;
- numbness or tingling;
- headache; or
- vaginal itching or discharge.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cefizox (ceftizoxime) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about ceftizoxime injection (Cefizox)?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to ceftizoxime, or to similar antibiotics, such as Ceclor, Ceftin, Cefzil, Duricef, Keflex, Omnicef, Spectracef, Suprax, and others.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillin). Also tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder, or if you are malnourished.
Use this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Ceftizoxime will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
This medication can cause you to have unusual results with certain lab tests to check for glucose (sugar) in the urine. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using ceftizoxime.
Additional Cefizox Information
- Cefizox Drug Interactions Center: ceftizoxime inj
- Cefizox Side Effects Center
- Cefizox FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Sex & Relationships
Get tips to boost your love life.