"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced its intention to take enforcement action against companies that manufacture and/or distribute certain unapproved prescription ear drop products (known as otic products) labeled to relieve ear "...
- Patients should be cautioned to avoid placing the applicator tip into the ear canal.
- Patients should be cautioned to gently flush the ear with lukewarm water.
- Patients should be warned to use CERUMENEX Eardrops in ears only. Surrounding skin should be promptly rinsed of any excess drops.
- Patients should be instructed not to leave CERUMENEX Eardrops in the ear for longer than 30 minutes. A second application may be made, if needed, but more frequent use must be indicated by the physician.
- Patients must be instructed not to exceed the time of exposure, nor to use the medication more frequently than directed by the physician.
- Patients should be advised to discontinue the use of the medication in case of a possible reaction and to consult their physician promptly.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/21/2017
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Cerumenex Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.