Childbirth Class Options (cont.)
In this Article
- Childbirth class option facts
- Lamaze technique
- The Bradley method
- Alexander technique
- Where to find birthing classes
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Where to Find Birthing Classes
There are many ways to find childbirth classes in your community. Start with your obstetrician, family doctor, or midwife. You may also locate classes through the following:
- Friends, family members, and acquaintances
- Hospitals, pregnancy centers, and birth centers
- The International Childbirth Education Association, which teaches
- Specific childbirth education organizations
- Community resource centers
If you find that a technique you are interested in is not taught in your community, don't rule it out. Some courses can be taken via book or DVD in the comfort of your home.
WebMD Medical Reference
The Nemours Foundation: "Birthing Classes."
American Pregnancy Association: "Childbirth Education Classes."
University of Cincinnati: "Lamaze."
University of Maryland Medical Center: "Bradley Method."
Pregnancy.org: "Pregnancy and Childbirth with the Alexander Technique."
Hypnobirthing.com Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD on February 25, 2010
Last Editorial Review: 4/29/2011 5:23:28 PM
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.