Childhood Obesity (cont.)
John Mersch, MD, FAAP
Dr. Mersch received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego, and prior to entering the University Of Southern California School Of Medicine, was a graduate student (attaining PhD candidate status) in Experimental Pathology at USC. He attended internship and residency at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
David Perlstein, MD, MBA, FAAP
Dr. Perlstein received his Medical Degree from the University of Cincinnati and then completed his internship and residency in pediatrics at The New York Hospital, Cornell medical Center in New York City. After serving an additional year as Chief Pediatric Resident, he worked as a private practitioner and then was appointed Director of Ambulatory Pediatrics at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx.
In this Article
- Childhood obesity facts
- What is childhood obesity? How is childhood obesity diagnosed?
- How prevalent is childhood obesity?
- What causes childhood obesity?
- What are childhood obesity symptoms and signs?
- What are risk factors for childhood obesity?
- What are the risks, complications, and long-term health effects of childhood obesity?
- What is the treatment for childhood obesity?
- Can childhood obesity be prevented?
- What research is being done on childhood obesity?
- Where can people find more information on childhood obesity?
- Childhood Obesity FAQs
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Where can people find more information on childhood obesity?
Accurate and timely information regarding pediatric obesity may be found at the following web sites:
American Dietetic Association
National Institutes for Health (NIH)
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). "Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Overweight and Obesity." <http://www.aap.org/obesity/index.html>.
American Dietetic Association. <http://www.eatright.org>.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Childhood Obesity." June 3, 2010. <http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/obesity/index.htm>.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Childhood Overweight and Obesity." Apr. 29, 2011. <http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/index.html>.
United States. National Institutes for Health (NIH). "Obesity in Children." <http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/obesityinchildren.html>.
Find out what women really need.