- What other names is Chinese Mallow known by?
- What is Chinese Mallow?
- How does Chinese Mallow work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Chinese Mallow.
People use Chinese mallow as a laxative to relieve constipation and as a diuretic to relieve water retention by increasing urine production. Chinese mallow is also used for kidney disorders and to start the flow of breast milk.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Treating kidney disorders.
- Treating constipation.
- Increasing urine production.
- Starting the flow of breast milk.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.