In this Article
- What other names is Chitosan known by?
- What is Chitosan?
- How does Chitosan work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Chitosan.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Warfarin is a blood thinner. There is some concern that taking chitosan might increase the blood-thinning effects of warfarin (Coumadin). Taking chitosan with warfarin (Coumadin) could increase the chance of bruising or bleeding. If you take warfarin, avoid taking chitosan.
- For reducing high cholesterol and improving anemia, physical strength, appetite, and sleep in people with renal failure who are undergoing hemodialysis: 1.35 grams of chitosan three times daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.