In this Article
- What other names is Chlorella known by?
- What is Chlorella?
- How does Chlorella work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Chlorella.
Chlorella has caused serious allergic reactions, including asthma and other dangerous breathing problems in some cases.
Chlorella can cause skin to become extra sensitive to the sun. Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned.
Do not use chlorella if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are sensitive to iodine.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You have an immune system disorder such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other immune system conditions called "autoimmune disease."
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.