May 27, 2016
Cough (Chronic Cough)
Table of Contents
- Chronic cough facts
- What is chronic cough?
- What are causes of chronic cough?
- What are causes of chronic cough? (Continued)
- What are the different types of chronic coughs?
- What kinds of doctors treat chronic coughs?
- How is chronic cough treated?
- How is chronic cough treated? (Continued)
- Are there home remedies for chronic cough?
- Can chronic cough be prevented?
Chronic cough facts
- Chronic cough is a cough that persists over time. Chronic cough is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition.
- Causes of chronic cough include:
- hay fever (allergic rhinitis),
- sinus problems and post-nasal drip,
- cystic fibrosis,
- whooping cough (pertussis)
- infections, and
- Treatment for chronic cough is based on addressing the underlying cause.
- Home remedies to ease symptoms of chronic cough include:
- staying hydrated,
- gargling with warm saltwater,
- cough drops,
- honey, and
- Chronic cough may be prevented by not smoking, and managing medical problems such as asthma, postnasal drip, GERD, and getting vaccinated against whooping cough.
What is chronic cough?
Chronic cough is a cough that persists over time. Chronic cough is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition. Chronic cough is a common problem and the reason for many doctor visits. Continue Reading
1/7Reviewed on 5/17/2016