In this Article
- What other names is Citronella Oil known by?
- What is Citronella Oil?
- How does Citronella Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Citronella Oil.
When applied to the skin, it might cause skin irritation. If it is inhaled, it can cause severe irritation of the lungs.
Keep out of the reach of children. Death has occurred in a child following the ingestion of citronella oil in insect repellents.
Do not use citronella oil if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For preventing mosquito bites: citronella oil in concentrations of 0.5% to 10%.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.