- What other names is Citronella Oil known by?
- What is Citronella Oil?
- How does Citronella Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Citronella Oil.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing mosquito bites when applied to the skin. Citronella oil is an ingredient in some commercial mosquito repellents. It seems to prevent mosquito bites for a very short amount of time. Other mosquito repellents, such as those containing DEET, are usually preferred because these repellents last much longer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Worm infestations, fluid retention, spasms, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.