"March 14, 2013 -- Hormone replacement therapy is the most effective treatment for symptoms like hot flashes, and the benefits are likely to outweigh the risks, major medical societies say.
The statement was published in the April issue "...
Climara Pro (estradiol, levonorgestrel transdermal) should not be used in women with any of the follow-ing conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of cancer of the breast.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or a history of these conditions.
- Active or recent (e.g. within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction).
- Liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known hypersensitivity to its ingredients of Climara Pro (estradiol, levonorgestrel transdermal) .
- Known or suspected pregnancy. There is no indication for Climara Pro (estradiol, levonorgestrel transdermal) in pregnancy. There appears to be little or no increased risk of birth defects in children born to women who have used estrogens and progestins from oral contraceptives inadvertently during early pregnancy. (See PRECAUTIONS.)
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/19/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Climara Pro Information
Climara Pro - User Reviews
Climara Pro User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.