- What other names is Cocoa known by?
- What is Cocoa?
- How does Cocoa work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cocoa.
Possibly Effective for...
- High blood pressure.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High cholesterol; heart disease; intestinal diseases; diarrhea; asthma; bronchitis; lung congestion; liver, bladder and kidney ailments; diabetes; and preventing heart disease, wrinkles, and stretch marks during pregnancy.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Cocoa work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.