Cod Liver Oil
In this Article
- What other names is Cod Liver Oil known by?
- What is Cod Liver Oil?
- How does Cod Liver Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cod Liver Oil.
High doses might keep blood from clotting and can increase the chance of bleeding. Vitamin A and vitamin D levels might also become too high with high doses of cod liver oil. High doses might also cause nausea and loose stools.
Do not take cod liver oil if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are sensitive to aspirin. Cod liver oil might affect your breathing.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.