- What other names is Coffee known by?
- What is Coffee?
- How does Coffee work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Coffee.
Likely Effective for...
- Mental alertness.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Preventing dizziness on standing up (orthostatic hypotension) in older people.
- Preventing or delaying Parkinson's disease.
- Preventing gallstones.
- Reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Reducing the risk of esophageal, stomach, and colon cancers.
- Reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Lung cancer, gout, improving thinking, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Coffee work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.