In this Article
- What other names is Coffee Charcoal known by?
- What is Coffee Charcoal?
- How does Coffee Charcoal work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Coffee Charcoal.
Medications taken by mouth (Oral drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Coffee charcoal absorbs substances in the stomach and intestines. Taking coffee charcoal along with medications taken by mouth can decrease how much medicine your body absorbs, and decrease the effectiveness of your medication. To prevent this interaction, take coffee charcoal at least one hour after medications you take by mouth.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.