- What other names is Coffee Charcoal known by?
- What is Coffee Charcoal?
- How does Coffee Charcoal work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Coffee Charcoal.
People take coffee charcoal for diarrhea.
Coffee charcoal is sometimes applied directly to the mouth and throat for swelling (inflammation) or to the skin for infected wounds.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diarrhea, when taken by mouth.
- Mouth and throat swelling (inflammation), when applied directly.
- Infected wounds, when applied directly.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.