- What other names is Cola Nut known by?
- What is Cola Nut?
- How does Cola Nut work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Cola Nut.
Cola nut is used for short-term relief of fatigue, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), melancholy, lack of normal muscle tone (atony), exhaustion, dysentery, a type of diarrhea called atonic diarrhea, weight loss, and migraine headaches.
In foods and beverages, cola nut is used as a flavoring ingredient.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Weight loss. Some early research, sponsored by a product manufacturer, suggests that taking cola nut in combination with ephedra and willow bark by mouth for up to 6 months might cause modest weight loss in overweight and obese people. But this combination might not be appropriate for weight loss due to safety concerns related to ephedra. Ephedra is banned in the U.S. due to severe adverse effects.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- Mental and physical fatigue.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Cola Nut work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.