Symptom Checker: Symptoms & Signs Index
Medical Author: William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Cold sensations to the fingers can come from poor circulation, disorders of the nervous system, cold exposure, Raynaud's phenomenon, and low thyroid condition (hypothyroidism). Cold fingers may be associated with
- hand pain,
- wrist pain,
- swollen fingers,
- tingling fingers,
- thickness of the fingers,
- discoloration of the fingers (fingers turning blue or white).
Health concern on your mind? Visit the Symptom Checker.
Longo, D.L., et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 18th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Professional, 2011.
Causes of Cold Fingers
In This ArticleFrostbite (Cold Weather-Related Injuries) Article
- Frostbite and cold weather-related injuries facts
- Introduction to frostbite and cold weather-related injuries
- What type of injuries can be caused by cold weather?
- What are the signs and symptoms of frostbite?
- What are cold weather-related injuries without tissue freezing?
- Trench foot
- Frostbite: Cold weather-related injuries with tissue freezing
- What does frostbite look like (frostbite pictures)?
- How should frostbite and other cold weather-related injuries be treated?
- What is the recovery time for a frostbite injury?
- When should a person seek medical care for a cold weather-related injury?
- Who is most likely to get a cold weather-related injury and what can be done to prevent it?
In This ArticleHypothyroidism Article
- Hypothyroidism facts
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What are thyroid hormones?
- Thyroid hormone regulation- the chain of command
- What causes hypothyroidism?
- What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- How is hypothyroidism diagnosed?
- How is hypothyroidism treated?
- What is subclinical hypothyroidism?
- What's best for you?
In This ArticlePeripheral Vascular Disease Article
- Peripheral vascular disease facts
- What is peripheral vascular disease?
- What is atherosclerosis?
- How does atherosclerosis cause disease?
- What are potential complications of peripheral artery disease?
- What are the other causes of peripheral vascular diseases?
- Who is at risk for peripheral artery disease?
- What are the symptoms and signs of peripheral artery disease?
- How is peripheral artery disease diagnosed?
- What are the treatments for peripheral artery disease?
- Lifestyle changes
- Supervised exercise
In This ArticleThoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) Article
- Thoracic outlet syndrome facts
- What is thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What causes thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What are thoracic outlet syndrome risk factors?
- What are thoracic outlet syndrome symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What is the treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome? What are medications for thoracic outlet syndrome? Is surgery necessary for TOS?
- What is the prognosis for thoracic outlet syndrome?
- Is it possible to prevent thoracic outlet syndrome?
Symptoms & Signs A-Z List
Find out what women really need.