Table of Contents
- Colitis facts
- What is colitis?
- What is colitis? (Continued)
- What are the causes (types) of colitis?
- Infectious colitis
- Ischemic colitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Microscopic colitis
- Allergic colitis in infants
- What are the symptoms of colitis?
- When should I contact my doctor about colitis?
- How is colitis diagnosed?
- How is colitis diagnosed? (Part 2)
- How is colitis diagnosed? (Part 3)
- How is colitis diagnosed? (Part 4)
- How is colitis treated?
- What is the prognosis for a patient with colitis?
What are the causes (types) of colitis?
Colitis describes inflammation of the colon (col=colon + itis=inflammation). While many causes of colon inflammation may be self-limiting and can be treated with diet and observation, it is important to determine why inflammation has occurred, because of the potential for a more serious diagnosis. Continue Reading