Image Collection: Medical Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
Pill Identifier on RxList
- quick, easy,
Find a Local Pharmacy
- including 24 hour, pharmacies
- Check potential drug interactions
34. Picture of Bronchioles
Bronchiole: A tiny tube in the air conduit system within the lungs that is a continuation of the bronchi and connects to the alveoli (the air sacs) where oxygen exchange occurs. Bronchiole is the diminutive of bronchus, from the word bronchos by which the Greeks referred to the conduits to the lungs.
Bronchiolitis is inflammation of the bronchioles and is most commonly due to viral infections.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection Gallery categories:
Lung Disease/COPD Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- Are You At Risk for COPD?
- 6 Health Tips During Lung Cancer Immunotherapy