Image Collection: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
6. Picture of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
Herpes simplex type 1: A herpes virus that causes cold sores and fever blisters in and around the mouth.
In rare cases, as when someone's immune system is severely compromised, this virus can cause infection of the brain (encephalitis).
Herpes simplex type 1 is also known as human herpesvirus 1 (HHV-1).
Facts About Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection Gallery categories: