Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- What other names is Conjugated Linoleic Acid known by?
- What is Conjugated Linoleic Acid?
- How does Conjugated Linoleic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Possibly Effective for...
- Colon and rectal cancer. Some research suggests that a diet high in conjugated linoleic acid might reduce the risk of cancer of the colon and rectum in women.
- Obesity. Conjugated linoleic acid might help decrease body fat, but it does not seem to decrease body weight.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Cancer, bodybuilding, reducing cholesterol levels, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.