" Allergy medications overview
The arsenal of allergy drugs includes dozens of medications that relieve allergy symptoms when confronted with a trigger known as an allergen. That trigger could be something from a plant, such as polle"...
Cordran Lotion Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cordran, Cordran SP, Cordran Tape
Generic Name: flurandrenolide topical (Pronunciation: FLUR an DREN oh lide)
- What is flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- What are the possible side effects of flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- What is the most important information I should know about flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- How should I use flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cordran Lotion)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cordran Lotion)?
- What should I avoid while using flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- What other drugs will affect flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
Flurandrenolide is a steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Flurandrenolide topical (for the skin) is used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis.
Flurandrenolide topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have signs of absorbing flurandrenolide topical through your skin, such as:
- blurred vision, or seeing halos around lights;
- headache, back ache, weakness, confusion, mood changes;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- weight gain, puffiness in your face;
- muscle weakness, feeling tired; or
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild skin itching, burning, peeling, or dryness;
- changes in color of treated skin;
- thinning or softening of your skin;
- skin rash or irritation around your mouth;
- redness or crusting around your hair follicles;
- blisters, pimples, or crusting of treated skin; or
- stretch marks.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cordran Lotion (flurandrenolide lotion) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about flurandrenolide topical (Cordran Lotion)?
Topical steroid medicine can be absorbed through the skin, which may cause steroid side effects throughout the body. Do not use flurandrenolide topical in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Do not apply to your face, underarms, or groin area unless your doctor tells you to.
Do not cover treated skin areas with a bandage or other covering unless your doctor has told you to. Plastic film covering (such as plastic wrap) is sometimes used when treating psoriasis. Follow your doctor's instructions.
If you are treating the diaper area of a baby, do not use plastic pants or tight-fitting diapers. Covering the skin that is treated with flurandrenolide topical can increase the amount of medicine your skin absorbs, which may lead to unwanted side effects.
Do not use this medication on a child without medical advice. Children are more likely to absorb large amounts of a topical steroid through the skin. Steroid absorption in children may cause unwanted side effects, or a delay in growth with long-term use.
Contact your doctor if your condition does not improve, or if you develop signs of a bacterial, fungal, or viral skin infection.
Additional Cordran Lotion Information
Cordran Cream - User Reviews
Cordran Cream User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.