"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Corzide Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Corzide 40/5, Corzide 80/5
Generic Name: bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Pronunciation: BEN droe floo meth EYE a zide and NAD oh lol)
- What is bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- What are the possible side effects of bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- What is the most important information I should know about bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- How should I take bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Corzide)?
- What happens if I overdose (Corzide)?
- What should I avoid while taking bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- What other drugs will affect bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
Bendroflumethiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Nadolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
The combination of bendroflumethiazide and nadolol is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Bendroflumethiazide and nadolol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Bendroflumethiazide-Nadolol 5 mg-40 mg-GLO
round, white, imprinted with G 531
Bendroflumethiazide-Nadolol 5 mg-80 mg-GLO
round, white, imprinted with G 532
What are the possible side effects of bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- fast, slow, or uneven heartbeat;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- numbness or tingly feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, extreme thirst, headache, confusion, hallucinations, seizure (convulsions);
- increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle pain or weakness or limp feeling;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- blurred vision;
- depressed mood; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Corzide (nadolol and bendroflumethiazide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about bendroflumethiazide and nadolol (Corzide)?
You should not use this medication if you have asthma, severe or uncontrolled heart failure, a serious heart condition such as "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block," or if you are unable to urinate.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, kidney or liver disease, cirrhosis, bronchospastic lung disease, a thyroid disorder, gout, lupus, diabetes, or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar carefully. Using nadolol can make it harder for you to tell when you have low blood sugar. Your insulin or diabetic medication needs may change while you are taking bendroflumethiazide and nadolol. Talk with your doctor before changing any doses.
Avoid drinking alcohol, which can lower your blood pressure and may add to the side effects of bendroflumethiazide and nadolol.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure often has no symptoms.
There are many other medicines that can interact with bendroflumethiazide and nadolol. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use.
Additional Corzide Information
Corzide - User Reviews
Corzide User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.