- What other names is Cowslip known by?
- What is Cowslip?
- How does Cowslip work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Cowslip.
Possibly Effective for...
- Inflamed nasal passages or sinusitis when taken with gentian root, European elder flower, verbena, and cowslip flower (SinuComp, Sinupret).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Bronchitis, in combination with thyme; cough; whooping cough; insomnia; nervous excitability; headache; hysteria; nerve pain; tremors; fluid retention; spasms; asthma; gout; neurologic complaints; and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Cowslip work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.