- What other names is Cowslip known by?
- What is Cowslip?
- How does Cowslip work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Cowslip.
Possibly Effective for...
- Inflamed nasal passages or sinusitis when taken with gentian root, European elder flower, verbena, and cowslip flower (SinuComp, Sinupret).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Bronchitis, in combination with thyme; cough; whooping cough; insomnia; nervous excitability; headache; hysteria; nerve pain; tremors; fluid retention; spasms; asthma; gout; neurologic complaints; and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Cowslip work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.