In this Article
- What other names is Croton Seeds known by?
- What is Croton Seeds?
- How does Croton Seeds work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Croton Seeds.
Croton seeds can cause burning of the mouth, vomiting, dizziness, stupor, painful bowel movements, abortions in pregnant women, and collapse when taken by mouth. If it is put on the skin, croton seed oil can cause itching, burning, and blistering of skin.
One drop of croton seed oil can cause side effects, and 20 drops of oil can cause death.
Do not use croton seeds if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.