"FDA is recommending health care professionals discontinue prescribing and dispensing prescription combination drug products that contain more than 325 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen per tablet, capsule or other dosage unit. There are no"...
Cubicin Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cubicin
Generic Name: daptomycin (Pronunciation: DAP to my sin)
- What is daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- What are the possible side effects of daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- How should I use daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cubicin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cubicin)?
- What should I avoid while using daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- What other drugs will affect daptomycin (Cubicin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is daptomycin (Cubicin)?
Daptomycin is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body.
Daptomycin is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and underlying tissues.
Daptomycin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of daptomycin (Cubicin)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- new or worsening cough, fever, trouble breathing;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- white patches or sores in your mouth or throat;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- muscle pain or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling); or
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling).
Less serious side effects may include:
- constipation, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting;
- back pain, pain in your arms or legs;
- anxiety, sleep problems (insomnia);
- mild itching or skin rash;
- increased sweating; or
- redness, discomfort, or irritation where the injection was given.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cubicin (daptomycin injection) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about daptomycin (Cubicin)?
You should not use daptomycin if you are allergic to it.
Before using daptomycin, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease, or a nerve or muscle disorder.
If you are using this medicine at home, be sure you understand how to properly mix and store the medication.
Call your doctor at once if you have a new or worsening cough, fever, trouble breathing, diarrhea that is watery or bloody, muscle pain or weakness, tingly feeling, fever or flu symptoms, dark colored urine, mouth sores, pain or burning when you urinate, urinating less than usual or not at all, pale skin, or feeling light-headed.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood may need to be tested often. Your kidney function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly.
Additional Cubicin Information
- Cubicin Drug Interactions Center: daptomycin iv
- Cubicin Side Effects Center
- Cubicin Overview including Precautions
- Cubicin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Cubicin - User Reviews
Cubicin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.