"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes patches of skin redness and irritation. Psoriasis is"...
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped so as to be occlusive unless directed by the physician.
- Patients should report to their physician any signs of local adverse reactions.
- This medication should not be used on the face, underarms, or groin areas unless directed by a physician.
- As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact the physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/29/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Cutivate Ointment Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.