"Sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze... especially when combining grapefruit with medicines.
While it can be part of a balanced and nutritious diet, grapefruit can have serious consequences when taken with certain medications. Cu"...
Cyklokapron Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Cyklokapron)?
- What are the possible side effects of Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- How is Cyklokapron given (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I avoid while using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What other drugs will affect Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Cyklokapron)?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose (Cyklokapron)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include severe forms of some of the side effects listed in this medication guide.
What should I avoid while using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
This medication may impair your vision. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be able to see clearly.
What other drugs will affect Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- any type of medication to treat a bleeding episode or a blood clot; or
- factor IX (Bebulin VH, Konyne 80, Profilnine SD, Proplex T, and others).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Cyklokapron. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron).
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 1.01. Revision date: 1/12/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Cyklokapron Information
- Cyklokapron Drug Interactions Center: tranexamic acid iv
- Cyklokapron Side Effects Center
- Cyklokapron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.