"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Clinolipid (lipid injectable emulsion, USP) for intravenous feeding (parenteral nutrition) in adult patients, providing a source of calories and essential fatty acids for adult patients who are"...
Cyklokapron Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Cyklokapron)?
- What are the possible side effects of Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- How should I use Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I avoid while taking Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- What other drugs will affect Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
You should not take Lysteda if you are allergic to tranexamic acid, or if you have:
- problems with the blood vessels in your eyes;
- color blindness;
- a history of stroke;
- if you have a history of bleeding in your brain; or
- if you have recently had a blood clot.
To make sure you can safely take Lysteda, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- kidney disease;
- a history of endometriosis; or
- if your menstrual cycles are less than 21 days apart or longer than 35 days apart.
It is not known whether tranexamic acid will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Tranexamic acid can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give this medication to anyone under 18 years old without your doctor's advice.
Do not share Lysteda with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
How should I use Lysteda (Cyklokapron)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Do not start taking Lysteda until your period has started. Do not take it for longer than 5 days in a row.
Lysteda is usually taken three times per day for up to 5 days during your menstrual period. Do not take more than 6 tablets in one 24-hour period.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
You may take Lysteda with or without food.
Do not crush, chew, or break a Lysteda tablet. Swallow it whole.
Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 cycles of treatment.
Store this medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Cyklokapron Information
- Cyklokapron Drug Interactions Center: tranexamic acid iv
- Cyklokapron Side Effects Center
- Cyklokapron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.