"Potential drug treatments are tested on paper, in laboratories and eventually in thousands of people. But every drug that goes through this cycle â€“ every drug that FDA approves â€“ carries some risk. One of the first lines of defense against "...
Cyklokapron Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Cyklokapron)?
- What are the possible side effects of Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- How is Cyklokapron given (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I avoid while using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What other drugs will affect Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
You should not use Cyklokapron if you are allergic to tranexamic acid, or if you have:
- color blindness;
- problems with the blood vessels in your eyes;
- a history of stroke;
- if you have a history of bleeding in your brain; or
- if you have recently had a blood clot.
To make sure you can safely use Cyklokapron, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- kidney disease;
- a bladder or kidney infection; or
It is not known whether tranexamic acid will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Tranexamic acid can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How is Cyklokapron given (Cyklokapron)?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Cyklokapron is injected into a vein through an IV just before your tooth is pulled. You may need to keep using the medication for up to 8 days afterward.
You may be shown how to use an IV at home. Do not self-inject Cyklokapron if you do not fully understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of used needles, IV tubing, and other items used to inject the medicine.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your vision may need to be tested while you are using tranexamic acid. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Store this medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Cyklokapron Information
- Cyklokapron Drug Interactions Center: tranexamic acid iv
- Cyklokapron Side Effects Center
- Cyklokapron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.