"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today expanded the approved use of Xgeva (denosumab) to treat adults and some adolescents with giant cell tumor of the bone (GCTB), a rare and usually non-cancerous tumor.
GCTB generally occurs in a"...
Cyklokapron Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cyklokapron
Generic Name: tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Pronunciation: tran ex AM ik AS id)
- What is tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Cyklokapron)?
- What are the possible side effects of Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- How is Cyklokapron given (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Cyklokapron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Cyklokapron)?
- What should I avoid while using Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- What other drugs will affect Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron) (Cyklokapron)?
Tranexamic acid is a man-made form of an amino acid (protein) called lysine. Tranexamic acid prevents enzymes in the body from breaking down blood clots.
Cyklokapron is used to prevent bleeding in people with hemophilia who need to have a tooth pulled. This medication is usually given just before the dental procedure, and daily for up to 8 days afterward.
Tranexamic acid may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Cyklokapron and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- problems with your vision (including color vision);
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood;
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;
- seizure (convulsions);
- painful or difficult urination;
- blood in your urine; or
- feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- mild itching or rash; or
- feeling unusually happy.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about Cyklokapron (Cyklokapron)?
You should not use Cyklokapron if you are allergic to tranexamic acid, if you are color blind, or if you have ever had a stroke, blood clot, or bleeding in your brain.
Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease, blood in your urine, or leukemia.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your vision may need to be tested while you are using tranexamic acid. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Additional Cyklokapron Information
- Cyklokapron Drug Interactions Center: tranexamic acid iv
- Cyklokapron Side Effects Center
- Cyklokapron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.